在安定的國家裡,要保護一個孩子長大,對父母都是困難而辛苦的事。那何況是在戰爭中的國家,連大人都無法自保,環境對孩子也就更加險惡。
但諷刺的是,戰爭從來就不是小孩所引起的,但受戰爭傷害最深的,卻總是這些小孩。
War Child
the Cranberries
發行年:1996
Who will save the war child baby? Who controls the key?
(誰能幫幫這些戰爭中的孩子,鑰匙在誰身上?)
The web we weave is thick and sordid, fine by me
(這張戰爭的網子捉住了他們,又厚,又骯髒,但是對我沒差)
At times of war, we're all the losers, there's no victory
(在戰爭中,每個人都是輸家,勝利不存在)
We'll shoot to kill and kill your lover, fine by me
(我們會殺你,殺你所愛的人,但是我看不到,所以我沒差)
War child, victim of political pride
(戰爭中的孩子,只是政治中的犧牲品)
Plant the seed, territorial greed
(種下種子,無止盡的貪婪,才是恐怖主義)
Mind the war child, we should mind the war child
(請注意那些孩子,戰爭中的孩子)
I spent last winter in New York, and came upon a man
(去年冬天,我在紐約,有個男人走向我)
He was sleeping on the streets and homeless,
(他是個遊民,睡在街上)
he said "I fought in Vietnam"
(他說:「我可是打過越戰呢!」)
Beneath his shirt he wore the mark, he bore the bark with pride
(在他的破爛衣服下,有個傷疤,讓他很驕傲)
A two inch deep incision carved, into his side
(那傷疤足足有5公分這麼深)
Who's the loser now, eh?
(到底誰是輸家?)
Who's the loser now, eh?
(現在,到底是誰輸了?)
We're all losers now
(我們全部都輸了)
We're all losers now
(我們全部都輸了)